Below are the Job Details
Title: Buying Professional 1
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Olean, NY
- Implements Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials.
- Contributes to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems).
- Prepares and conducts negotiations to obtain highest feasible savings.
- Generates, documents and implements savings to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
- Executes Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification).
- Ensures a close cooperation with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure customer care and early involvement.
- Provides supplier information to the project and conducts project-specific supplier evaluations (project evaluations).
- Commodity Procurement Operations (alt: "Buyer"; "Purchaser")Commodity Professional (Starter):Vocationally trained and experienced (semi-) professional position, with extensive knowledge of a range of specific standardized commodities, semi-products, services, etc., performing all topics outlined in respective position profiles, May support and assist in supplier procedures (i.e. analysis, audits, controlling reports, analyzing issues and preparing supplier visits, market and price research activities) in a related SCM organization. They focus on interpretation and application of procedures, analyze issues, implement changes, and may advise and guide operational positions in their area of specialism.
Bachelor or Associates degree
- 2-5 years Professional buying experience
- Knowledge of Oracle based purchasing software a plus.