Systems Administrator I
Location: Sandy, UT, 84070
Duration: 12 months
Work with System Administrators and Project Managers in UCF / West Jordan Utah Data Center to manage hardware part replacements on a variety of server equipment. Troubleshooting failed servers and tracking their progress to resolution will be required. Attention to detail also required. Linux and Windows OS skills helpful but not required.
The position requires someone comfortable with server hardware. Troubleshooting and replacing failed server equipment from power supplies to DIMM's and Hard Drives. Typical server equipment. We have some Dell and HP hardware however the bulk of our equipment is X86 Oracle with some Sparc. Prefer 1-3 years experience. There could be basic troubleshooting of network connectivity.
Candidate must be comfortable with the Linux Operating System and Windows Server. It's very important the candidate is interested in learning and willing to grow.
· Strong problem solving/analytical/critical thinking skills
· Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
· Ability to work independently, with team, and with User base in a professional manner
· Experience in project and task management
· Excellent oral and written, interpersonal, and communication skills
· BS or equivalent experience (5 years of related experience in corporate computing environment)