Duration: 12 months
Location: Ontario, CA
5-10 years professional experience. Education: Associate's Degree or equivalent unless otherwise specified. Operate instruments, track test results, and troubleshoot when problems arise. Maintain equipment, including ordering parts and directing or performing preventative and repair maintenance as needed. Maintain logs and write reports of activity results and equipment maintenance in compliance with ISO 13485.
Maintain Production Equipment, Packaging Equipment, Auxiliary Equipment and the Facility in a manner that promotes operational readiness/excellence. Provide top tier service for internal and external customers. Exemplify Excellence in your day to day tasks and lead/promote “BEST” Health and Safety Behaviors in your work areas and throughout the site.
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on various production equipment, packaging equipment and Auxiliary & facility equipment which may include working with engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, electro-mechanical systems, electrical power systems, compressed air systems, etc.; This will include following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance with ISO 13485.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.