Below are the Job Details.
Job Title: Technical Writer/Doc Control
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Schedule: Monday-Friday (day shift), can be flexible within reason
Duration: 6+ months (possible temp to hire)
Migrates procedural and instructional content from older Word templates to new structured Word templates. This role is part of the support team for Product Support Engineering (PSE), which creates the installation and service documentation used by over 3000 service personnel worldwide. Since this is an regulated industry, adherence to all requirements and attention to detail are important. The document specialist’s main responsibility is to transfer service instructions from one Microsoft Word template a newer Word template, which has specific styles for maintaining standards. This requires an expert level of Microsoft Word knowledge. The documentation specialist will work directly with the content developers to convert and review the migrated documents. This role will expand to work on documentation processing, securing, and publishing all under strict regulation.
• Maintains good documentation practices regarding regulated, revision-controlled documentation.
• Adheres to and enforces documentation best practices and standards.
• Maintains security regarding documents, websites, and processes.
• Interacts directly with content developers to review documents.
• Associate degree or equivalent work experience (2 to 3 years)
• Expert with Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of Excel, SharePoint, sign, and Adobe Pro.
• Very Good organizational skills and ability to meet short deadlines.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Aptitude to gather, distill, and organize information