Software Developer w/ Windows (DTJP00011514)
Duration: 0-4 month(s)
Location: Austin, TX 78753 [Candidates must be able to work onsite.]
3 Sr. Software Developers with Windows experience needed. Senior Software Developer - Austin, TX
Dell is looking for a senior software developer experienced with a broad set of Windows software technologies in the personal computing space. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with other technologists, architects, experience design engineers, product marketing and software engineers to define and develop the software components, applications, and user interfaces for a new Windows 10-based computing device.
• Develop Win10 UWP applications with interactive content, launch points to many Win32 services and modern settings.
• Develop .NET WPF-based applications with system tray component.
• Develop Windows service(s) that will interact with other Dell applications.
• Being the technical expert for the entire Windows application development stack.
• Be familiar with various methods to customize Win 10 OS settings.
Plans, conducts and manages assignments generally involving large, high budgets (cross- functional) projects or more than one project. Assists in creating the strategic technical and architectural direction to the programming function. Serves as point of contact between IT and key business users senior leadership in defining IT solution based on business needs. Drives changes in architecture, methodology or programming procedures. Performs estimation efforts on the most complex projects and tracks progress. Obtains detailed specification from business users and development to ascertain specific output information requirements. Prepares detailed plans for managing cross-testing team dependencies. Serves as the testing consultant to leader in the IT organization and functional user groups. Mentors team members on all aspects of testing concepts.
• 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Strong C, C++, C# coding skills, with emphasis on writing scalable code for Windows .NET and legacy Win32 APIs.
• Must have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Versed in the concept, use of and selection of revision control software (e.g. SVN, Git, ClearCase, Perforce or similar software).
• Deep technical and architectural knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Client side)
• Strong understanding of software development lifecycle, product development lifecycle, and Agile development methodologies.
• OO Design experience. Win32, WPF, and .NET experience is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Experienced with MVVM design pattern is highly desired.
Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents software according to Dell’s systems quality standards, policies and procedures. Analyzes business needs and creates software solutions. Responsible for preparing design documentation. Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing. Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs. Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Works with business and development teams to clarify requirements to ensure testability. Drafts, revises, and maintains test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts. Executes test procedures according to software requirements specifications Logs defects and makes recommendations to address defects. Retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved. Documents evolution of testing procedures for future replication. May conduct performance and scalability testing.
Thanks & Regards,
Imran (Emu) Shikalgar
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
510-402-4704 (Voice & Text)
Phone: 510-623-5050 Extn.129 | Fax 510-623-5055 | Imran@apninc.com