Title: Sr. Buyer
Req #: 573811
Location: Oakland, CA 94609
Duration: 3 Months
Hours: 8 Hours 5 days/week
Under the direction of the Director of Materials Management, the Senior Buyer is responsible for the supervision on the daily operation and function for the procurement of medical supplies, office supplies, Forms, capital, equipment, services and maintenance agreements for the hospital, based on the policies and procedures established for the department of Materials Management. The overall objective will be to provide a constant, cost-effective flow of supplies and equipment to meet the clinical requirement.
The incumbent will work in a complex purchasing, materials management system where the incumbent must be able to explain the organization purchasing policies and procedures and facilitate the expeditious and economic processing of purchase requests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversees daily purchasing operations.
· Supervises Buyers’ work performance.
· Provide staff development/training to improve customer service skills.
· Insure requests are processed in a timely, efficient, courteous and professional manner.
· Insure that all normal purchase requests are processed within two days from receipt and that all capital requests are processed within one week.
· Insure that all capital over $10,000 requires an ECRI price comparison.
· Monitors and resolve invoicing discrepancy within two (2) weeks from receipt.
· Monitors vendor performance
· Monitors and maintain supply contracts/agreements compliance.
· Monitors and investigates product recalls and customer complaints.
· Assist with cost savings initiatives.
· Analyze quotations to determine the highest-valued offer and most qualified supplier.
· Support receiving department in inbound discrepancy resolution.
· Support Accounts Payable in invoice reconciliation.
· Maintain contract price verification and GPO compliance.
· Perform cost analysis, lease verse buy, and assist in RFP(s) and negotiation proceeding.
· Process “Returned Goods to Vendor”.
· Conduct negotiations with suppliers on all conflicts or questions on prices, deliveries and specifications.
· Researches and selects products according to quality, price, and serviceability standards.
· Interview sales representatives, secure bids and quotes as needed.
· Prepares, review and edit purchase orders to ensure accuracy and completion.
· Review invoices from suppliers compared with purchase orders as to price, quantity, discounts and similar information. Refer unusual cases to your immediate supervisor.
· Maintain a culture that promotes teamwork and values diversity.
· Assures that the standards of operation of all departments within responsibility are in compliance with the standards set by regulatory organizations such as Department of Health Services, State of California, JCAHO, HIPPA, CDC and AORN.
· Accept personal responsibility and accountability for customer service excellence.
· Creating an environment in which customers feel respected and diversity is valued.
· Communicating and listening effectively.
· Exhibit a flexible and proactive approach to changes in the workplace.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the organization values and mission statement.
· Acknowledging the presence of customers and responding appropriately to their needs.
· Apply appropriate technical knowledge and skills.
· Take initiative to go the extra mile to meet customers’ needs.
· Demonstrate reliability and professionalism.
· Enforce Purchasing policies and procedures.
· Meet with users departments to determine service requirements.
· Assist in research on items for the Value Analysis Committee.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
· Manages 1 associate buyer and 2 buyer
· Explain the purchasing procedures and policy
· Four years verifiable experiences in the purchasing and/or materials management in a hospital environment preferred.
· Must be proficient in use of PC based spreadsheet and word-processing software applications. Fundamental knowledge of Materials Management information system and its application required.
· Require excellent interpersonal communications/customer service skills.
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc (www.apninc.com)
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-402-1080 / Fax 510-623-5055
Email Id: Sawant@apninc.com