We have an opening for Technical proposal Writer in Rockville, Maryland 20855 with our direct client. Kindly let me know ASAP if you’re interested.
Role: Technical Proposal Writer
Duration: 2 months
Work Location: Rockville, Maryland 20855
The Federal Technical Proposal Writer will be responsible for assisting the lead proposal writer in producing and publishing graphics and layout for all proposal deliverables as identified in the RFP. In addition to the actual Technical Response, this may also include operation and maintenance manuals, training materials, system design documents, project schedule, and testing documentation pertaining to the Zebra Products and Solutions being proposed in response to the RFP. This is a temporary position expected to last 6 to 8 weeks.
• Analyze Request for Proposal (RFP) to identify requirements for assigned proposal sections
• Work with Proposal Manager (or Volume Lead) to develop/identify win themes for each section
• Identify and sketch artwork for each section, and work with Proposal Manager (or Volume Lead) and Graphics/Publications to develop final artwork
• Interview subject matter experts to create draft content for each section
• Create drafts of each section using Microsoft Word-based proposal template and proposal style guide
• Work with Proposal Manager (or Volume Lead) to prepare drafts for review
• Incorporate review comments, and prepare final proposal sections
• Individual must be effective in a highly collaborative and high pace work environment and have leadership skills to be an effective performer and advisor to clients
• Confer and collaborate with project managers, project team and others to discuss and understand RFP specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication in the proposal.
• Obtain information from project specifications, detailed electrical drawing sets, and existing documentation from previous similar projects.
• Prepare maintenance manuals, training materials, system design documents, testing documentation, detailed project schedule and other documentation as specified in the RFP
• Operate word processing, spread sheet, and computer-aided drafting software and equipment to perform tasks.
• Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
• Occasional work-from-home is possible
Skills & Attributes:
• Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Written Communication - Strong skills in written communication. Familiarity with conventions in form, structure, and notation of technical writing.
• Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Editing - Ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content and style of writing.
• Flexibility and Adaptability – Able to work within a fast pace environment with multiple priorities, and multi-task on project work.
• Sound and efficient technical writing abilities.
• Great Attitude, Work Ethic and Common Sense are a MUST.
• Computer Skills – Proficient with Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Computer Aided Drafting Knowledge – Proficient in the use of AutoCAD to modify project drawings to create graphics files for technical documentation.
Required Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in a communication or technical discipline, or have equivalent experience. Minimum of 2 years additional similar experience.
• This position requires full U.S. Citizenship. You will work onsite at our offices in Rockville, MD.
Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
If you have the above qualification and interested to apply please reply with your updated resume, contact no. and expected pay rate and I will contact you to discuss further. You can call me at 510-298-5210 Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also refer someone you know who might be good fit for this job. Please avoid the Duplicate submission That means do not submit your resume to other agency again for same position and same company.
Thanks & Regards,
APN Software Services Inc.
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
“Ranked Top Work Places 2016” (Ranked Top Work Places 5 years in a row)
“Certified Small and Minority Business”
“Ranked Top 50 Organizations for Diversity”
“Ranked Top 2012 Diversity Business”