Client: Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland
Title: Financial Planning Analyst
Req #: 569435
Location: Oakland, CA 94609
Duration: 3 Months contract to Hire (for the right candidate)
Shift Hours: M-F, 8 hours/day, 5 days/week
The CFO is looking for someone with significant experience in building business plans and pro forma financial statements in a health care environment
Involves the provision of patient-level financial and clinical data and analysis to inform the hospital's operational, financial and strategic decision making. Includes the development of a case-based operating budget for patient volume, detailed utilization projections and gross revenue. Provides for the measurement and benchmarking of business operations in relation to best business practices for the healthcare industry and internal business objectives.
· Position is responsible for key tasks as part of the formulation and preparation of the BCHO budget. Identifies material risks and opportunities to the budget and communicates findings.
· Delivers highly-complex financial and statistical information in the development of multi-year capital, annual operating budgets and ten year plan, including making recommendations to management to improve the budget/financial plan-development process. Collaborates with key personnel across departments to explain variances and to identify and resolve financial or procedural problems.
· Performs highly complex queries and may take the lead on producing regular analyses and investigations of performance, utilization, market trends, and financial analyses. Instrumental in the development and maintenance of modeling tools, such as labor analysis, net revenue model, trend analysis, variance analysis, management reporting, forecasting and monitoring.
· Leads projects and/or serves as an information resource on teams involved with business development planning and the implementation and integration of new programs. Collaboratively produces feasibility studies, evaluations of ROI, and creates pro formas.
· Represents Finance at different hospital operations committees as requested or needed. Provides reports on financial impact of proposals for changes.
· Assists management in developing, interpreting, coordinating and administering all policies, procedures, and plans designed to improve hospital operating performance and effectiveness.
· Provides support for the budgeting process when needed.
· Proficient in functional benchmark product, process definitions and use of tools and reports.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
APN Software Service INC