Location: Charlottesville, VA 22911
Duration: 12 Months
The Procurement Specialist will be a critical member of the team performing day-to-day operations of the procurement function for Siemens Charlottesville. The Procurement Specialist will be expected to work within the Manufacturing team to set up the purchasing parameters in the ERP system, perform the tasks as described below, and jump in and contribute with other related tasks, as needed. It is expected that the Procurement Specialist will be in a non-supervisory role, but the position could grow with additional responsibilities and opportunities added at a later date. The Procurement specialist will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Analyzes material availability and ensures no material outages, manages purchase orders including tracking; checking of content to ensure cost-efficient and on time supply of materials according to demand.
• Assists the ERP integration team with configuring and maintaining the ERP system from a procurement point of view, including setting up builds of material (BOMs), maintaining prices, lead times, routings, etc.
• Understands the MRP/ERP functions and rules and continuously drives for improvements in the system (usage, accuracy, compliance, etc.) and integration into the manufacturing process.
• Works closely with other Siemens Energy Inc. facilities to leverage purchasing opportunities and strategies for direct material.
• Works closely with Siemens strategic purchasing to leverage all non-direct purchasing categories, such as CAPEX, Tooling, MRO, and indirect purchasing.
• Ensures compliance with Siemens Procurement Guidelines and usage of Siemens contract partners to ensure the usage of competitive Terms & Conditions and, by that, obtaining highest feasible cost reductions.
• Maintains and updates supplier master data (if mandated); archive documents according to local regulations to keep the database accurate and up to date.
• Processes purchase requests (depending on thresholds), adds necessary information (e.g. Commodity Code (ESN), INCOTERMS).
• May generate savings to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
• Actively contributes to cooperation with all other parties involved passing on all relevant information to improve the flow of material and value through the supply chain.
• Forwards systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date.
• Improves overall purchasing efficiency.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
• 2-5 years’ experience in procurement and material planning (strong MRP background).
• Knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Chain Department operations.
• Working knowledge of SAP and supply chain processes; systems & configuration knowledge preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical ability and complex problem solving skills.
• Self-starter with initiative; ability to function with minimal supervision.
• High level of interpersonal skills to work within team environment.
• Ability to travel 10% of the time domestically.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Knowledge of the investment casting industry or highly engineered commodities
• prior experience with make versus buy decisions
• Six Sigma training: Lean manufacturing methodology
• Understanding of demand forecasting and inventory management
• Past experience in multinational organization