Senior Analog Electronics Engineer
Rancho Cordova CA
Contract until the end of this year and extendable
Philips IGT-Devices is looking for an experienced Senior Analog Electrical Engineer to contribute for our intravascular imaging and functional measurement consoles.
The successful candidate will be an experienced electronics engineer who is able to deliver high quality designs within project timelines considering the medical device compliance.
Working with a diverse team of highly capable engineers (software and hardware), the candidate must be able to create the electrical design in easy to maintain and extendible parts (components and parts).
Your activities contain of setting up the design concept and requirements. You demonstrate the feasibility of your designs by prototyping and simulation. You verify that your design and implementation complies with the requirements and architecture and that technical risks are mitigate. Your design output will be transferred to the verification.
The activities are located in Rancho Cordova, California, but alignment with the R&D disposable department in San Diego, California and other partners, like Advance Development in the Netherlands is key. The candidate has good communication skills both verbally as in written.
The ideal candidate is a quick-learner with a track record of consistently delivering high quality results.
- Electronic Design
o Develop functioning prototypes and devices (including design,documentation, testing, and rapid iteration)
o Design, develop, modify andevaluateHW console systems and components
o Implement applicable international standards (IEC60601, IEC60950, ISO13485, ISO14971 …) to guarantee a safe use for our patients and users.
o Write technicaldesign support documentation, testprotocols and reports for the verification, Certification and Design Transferfrom Advanced Development to Manufacturing
o Build the electrical development plan and planning as input for the project plan in near corporation with the project manager. Drive the realization of this plan, by taking care that the planned deliverables are ready on time with the right quality.
o Plays a dominant role in make-or-buy decisions
o Outsource electrical activities and deliverables to external suppliers and partners. You specify the assignment and requirements. You guide and monitor the supplier during the development project and accept the deliverables on pre-defined acceptance criteria.
o Lead design transfer activities from Development to the supply chain
o Lead and participate in TechnicalDesign Reviews as an author, independent reviewer or subject matterexpert
o Identify, initiate and drive improvements within the electrical domain such as product, technical and process improvements.
Specific Skill Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics
- Knowledge of Analog Design related to Filter design, Amplifiers, RF Design is key.
- Power Design, related to AC to DC, DC switched (Stuck Boost, Step up regulators, Transformers, …) is key.
- Schematic Design with Analog and digital component.
- Experience in the design and implementation of systems and experience in electrical subjects such as electronics, EMC/EMI, thermal design, reliability, FMEA … of at least 5 years
- Equipment knowledge of Power Supplies, Functional Generator, Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscopes, ….
- Advanced knowledge in the use of design tools related to discipline
- Has an End-to-end overall view with respect to manufacturability, serviceability, cost price, …. Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines (software, mechanics) with which co-operation takes place.
- Experience using circuit simulation software, schematic capture software, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, emulators and other lab equipment. ORCAD, Spice, MultiSIM, and Eagle
- Medical or highly regulated product experience is a plus.
- The candidate must have strong problem solvingskills, be a good communicator, and work independently or as part of a team to achieve project andbusiness objectives. abstract, analytical and creative thinker with helicopter view. You drive (out-of-the-box) solutions to complex problems.
- Lead (multifunctional) technical teams during development. Is used to achieve results by others.
- Familiarity with cardiology catheterization procedures, tools, and terminology is a plus
- Project Management training is a plus
Thanks and Regards,
Imran (Emu) Shikalgar
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-623-5050 Extn.129 | Fax 510-623-5055 | Imran@apninc.com