Job Title – Software Developer 4
Job Location – Minnetonka MN
Length – Contract (9 Months+)
Siemens Digital Grid, located in Minnetonka MN, is looking for a software engineer to develop SCADA systems.
The Siemens Digital Grid SWS business segment is responsible for developing large scale enterprise software solutions that include Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Energy Management Systems (EMS), Advanced Distribution Management Systems (ADMS) and Energy Market Management (EMM). Siemens has a global market leading position in many of these areas and is looking to further build upon that with a healthy investment in R&D.
Our customers are mostly electrical utilities of all sizes, ISOs, RTOs, TSOs etc.
The Software Developer position is a member of a team-oriented staff.
The developer will work on one of several application teams. The teams include SCADA, Real-Time Processing, Visualization, Forecasting Applications, Historical Application, Network Applications, Communications, and Data Modeling. We have opportunities in all development teams.
Candidate will work with the software development team to design, develop, test, and deliver software components. All of these components are integrated and delivered as part of Siemens EMS/SCADA software solutions.
Software developed will have an emphasis on security, reliability and performance. Candidate should be able to pick up new technologies quickly. Candidate will be requested to diagnose and troubleshoot complex software problems. Candidate will work both internally with other software development teams and will also work with customer project teams.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Experience with C, C++, Java etc programming languages.
• Strong organizational and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Non-Required but desired skills
• Experience with AIX operating systems.
• Experience with GIT or ClearCase Source Code Control
• Perl or Python scripting languages
• Oracle or other database experience
• Qt programming experience
• Understanding of Power Systems
APN Software Service INC