Data Processing Specialist
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Shift time: 7 am - 4 pm
Data Processing Specialist: Job Description
1. Position Summary:
This job is responsible for performing data extraction and downloads from various operational systems and reports across the Customer Services landscape and manipulating/formatting the data to use for reporting.
• Use work instructions to download/extract data from systems including SAP, custom business applications, reporting systems etc.
• Consolidate and cleanup/reformat extracted data using Microsoft office tools like Excel
• Document data extract instruction changes
This may involve working with Philips internal business process owners, business SME's (i.e. subject matter experts) and business analysts/project managers.
This position requires little supervision and should be able to follow pre-documented work instructions and other inputs from business analysts/project managers who have needs for specific data downloads on an ongoing basis.
2. Key Responsibilities/Duties:
• Use work instructions to download/extract data from operational business systems including (but not limited to) SAP, custom business applications/tools, SEIBEL, Sales Force, reporting systems etc.
• Consolidate and cleanup/reformat data using Microsoft office tools like Excel and provide formatted data extracts to load into a database repository
• Keep data download/extract work instructions document up to date
• Monitor and complete all data extracts/downloads or adhoc data requests in a timely manner and on an expected schedule, communicating any challenges/roadblocks
• Perform data quality reviews on reports and extracted data using standard validation instructions
• Create simple manual reports in Excel using specified work instructions and distribute as needed
• Interface with other analysts/project managers on the team and other departments to ensure data requests are completed as desired
• Other tasks as assigned my manager
3. Job Requirements:
• Familiarity with SAP (preferred but not required)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include working with Excel data manipulation features
• Ability to follow detailed work instructions and possess problem-solving, some data analytical skills
• Understand and be able to manipulate data to file specifications for submission of data to clients or internal business units
• Ability to export data from SAP into multiple data sources
• Motivated, self-starter with good communication and interaction skills
• Detail oriented and ability to maintain data standards and must display a high level of quality in all areas of responsibilities
Education & Years of Experience:
• An Associate’s degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in technical/ business related field is preferred.
• 3+ years of applicable work experience
• Working knowledge of SAP or any ERP System is preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel