Title: Lead Civil engineer
Location: Orlando , FL
Duration: 8 months
• Evaluate customer and site specific requirements for all plant designs and structures and establish project specific design criteria and evaluate impact.
• Provide technical direction during the proposal stage, identify critical seismic and underground risks, support on quantities, permitting, underground concept development and geotechnical testing
• During the execution stage, coordinate and manage detail design of foundations, Design and construct buildings, underground utilities and drainage with SPEL.
• Shall be familiar with international and American seismic code and design.
• Develop civil quantity estimates for proposals and closely work with Contractor to get the construction estimates. Work with other team members to get a shadow construction estimate.
• Work with Architect Engineers and Engineer of Record (EOR) and provide oversight for Turbo generator foundations and other major foundations which include complex modeling and dynamic analysis in finite element packages.
• Shall have a strong structural background and be familiar with industrial buildings design, Pre-Engineered Structures, Enclosures, pipe racks, gallery platforms, cranes, and miscellaneous supporting structures.
• Review critical civil engineering designs and analyses which are typically performed by Architect Engineers to ensure compliance with Contract and Siemens requirements
• Develop civil engineering solutions for a greenfield/ brownfield site which includes but not limited to, foundation concept, piling concept, mine grouting etc.
• Attend weekly meeting with core disciplines and Project Management, plant layout, equipment owners, SPEL and site.
• Develop specifications for contractors, support bid package development, remeasured quantity monitoring and control design quantities by SPEL
• Support Contractor and SPEL negotiations; attend SPEL kickoff and Contractor kickoff.
• Make site visits to coordinate civil engineering issues, pile testing, pre pour inspections, of CTG and STG foundations etc.
• Site support, manage contractor RFI (request for information), provide TI (technical Instruction) and manage and document the change (PCM process)
• Support Project management on technical interfaces for Contractor claims
• Address and resolve complex civil engineering and civil and structural non-conformance issues as they relate to the design and installation of foundations, buildings, structures, and equipment.
• Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• The candidate shall have a minimum 4 year degree/diploma in Civil or Structural engineering.
• Minimum experience required is 10 years in power plant industry and construction and design.
• The job involves 15 % travel to site.
• Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A thorough knowledge in Siemens supplied turbogenerator machinery foundation analysis and design is preferred.
• Familiarity with Siemens processes and systems is preferred