Duration: 6 months
Location: Franklin TN
• Tactical position that assumes management of finished goods flow from the manufacturing network to shipping sites through the use of Replenishment Orders, aka Stock Transfer Orders (STO’s).
• Ensure that product is distributed to shipping points in an efficient manner and in proper quantities to meet inventory targets and customer service metrics while simultaneously reducing logistics overhead.
• Participate in the production planning/plant scheduling processes that support the maintenance of target inventory levels at each shipping location.
• Serve as coordinator and primary point of contact between plants, coman vendors, Mars Affiliates, customer care, carriers and warehouses to manage and own the situation when we are at risk of not fulfilling customer orders.
• Work closely with cross functional teams such as Customer Care, Plant Schedulers, Commercial Logistics, Network Analytics and Ops Planning to implement best practices that provide the best service to our customers at the lowest cost.
• Utilize JDA Replenishment Workbench suite and Replenishment databases including SAP & various reports, to analyze the inventory position by item and location. Use info to determine correct quantities and locations to distribute finished product from the plants and determine when it may be necessary to rebalance existing inventory between plants and/or distribution centers.
• Build truckloads of finished goods from plant to warehouse by consolidating sku's in a manner that makes the best use of freight transportation dollars. This is done by optimizing weight, pallet count, mode and cross segment product mix.
• Attain target level metrics for replenishment area (Replenishment On-Time Arrival %, Intermodal %, Customer Case Fill, Replenishment Casefill, Avg. truck weight, and lane logistics conversion cost) to determine and implement the required actions necessary to positively affect targeted goals.
• Jointly analyze and collaborate with plants, operations planning and production schedulers to provide feedback on production quantity, timing, and replenishment location. Place replenishment orders for agreed upon quantities to support the timely deployment of production to optimize customer service while minimizing logistics costs.
• Track the shipment of inventory moves (RO’s, STO’s, other order types) on an exception basis. Follow up and resolve all past due shipments or receipts with sites, third party logistics provider, or distribution center. Proactively work with parties on all shipments made inside normal lead times.
• Manage and balance the number of inbound and outbound shipments to/from plants and warehouses to ensure the amount of loads scheduled does not exceed location capacity
• Pull inventory from manufacturing sites or warehouses by dropping orders to provide assistance to other manufacturing sites unable to meet their expected demand. Rebalance network as necessary.
• Proactively call out service risks through daily CMOS huddles, weekly Ops huddles, or other forums. Analyze and determine root causes of service failures in order to implement and communicate appropriate actions going forward.
• Place orders for finished goods from co-manufacturers and affiliate units to align with the production schedule created by the Operations planning team. Facilitate inbound receipts from co-manufacturers & affiliates by working with third-parties to receive BOLs and enter into required systems in a timely manner.
• Participate on project brand teams or other cross-functional projects as assigned.
• Manual Data Entry and order monitoring projects as assigned.