Title: Purchasing Analyst
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Austin, TX 78753 [Candidates must be able to work onsite]
Work Environment: Shift hours will be 8am-5pm M-F.
Team Size: 7 or 8 people on direct team, but working with a broader group of about 20 people. Work hand in hand with the product marketing organization that’s driving marketing programs for commercial PC
Purchasing Sr. Analyst to assist with placement of purchase orders, equipment/system procurement orders, and preparing proof of execution for expenditures and financial reconciliations (end of quarter close) to support Dell Commercial Client Product Marketing programs. This need stems from an increase in the amount of funding (increase of 4 or 5x) and therefore an increase in the amount of purchase orders, etc.
Ideal Candidates Have:
• Junior accounting or senior bookkeeping experience
• Basic understanding of general ledger, budgeting, P&L, balance sheet and account reconciliation
• Experience in accounts payable or receivable
• Average Excel and typing skills
• Experience with accounting software a plus (QuickBooks, Intuit or Oracle)
• Great at navigating internal processes – positive attitude working with Dell internal customers
• Self-motivated and organized
• Associate’s degree or accounting training with 3 years’ experience, or a bachelor’s degree with one year’s experience or internship is preferred.