Duration: 8 months
Manage Manufacturing Line Transfers for products in Asia, moving from sites in China to sites outside of China. Will be responsible for all aspects of the Line Transfers: Equipment assembly, installation and validation, Line Qualification, Pilot runs, Product Qualification and Manufacturing Ramp.
1. Own and Manage Line transfer efforts, working with Supply Chain, Services, Engineering, Quality and Sourcing.
2. Research and identify Best-In-Class strategies, processes, and organizational structures to allow the organization to implement and maintain effective operations.
3. Develop system requirements as needed to implement infrastructure to support the projects and processes.
5. Manage cross-functional, diverse teams in a matrixed environment with participants in numerous locations, across multiple time zones, including overseas and third-party teams and individuals.
6. Manage light IT involvement, coordinating operational efforts with systems technologies.
7. Develop Project Plans including the key deliverables, resources and timelines required to achieve success.
8. Identify, secure and manage resources and budgets to effectively execute the project.
9. Perform Risk Management to identify and resolve Risks and Issues during Planning and as they arise throughout the project.
10. Drive the establishment of other worldwide organizational and physical infrastructure to support processes.
11. Capture and communicate project status to teams and management, including Senior Leadership, on a weekly basis.
12. May manage several large programs or numerous smaller complex programs with cross-functional teams in numerous locations and timezones. May lead the program through delegation and oversight of less senior project managers.
13. May oversee the work of or directly supervise Project Managers and / or Project Coordinators
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in Project Management in a matrixed, complex environment
• Ability to run projects in excess of $2M in budget and team size of 25+ participants and stakeholders
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of PMI PMBOK and advanced Project/Program Management techniques and approaches. Able to review a number of Project Management techniques and select the most effective ones based on project context. Working knowledge of leading-edge technologies such as Monte Carlo schedule analysis, Critical Chain management, etc. Experience with a broad array of project management tools and technologies. PMI or similar Certification in Project Management preferred
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Project or other tools, developing and maintaining project schedules and plans
• 5+ years of experience managing projects in Supply Chain and Services, in a medium- to large-sized company
• 5+ years of experience with tools and systems in a variety of applications
• Experience in outsourcing to and managing third-party Suppliers
• Advanced skills in delegation and follow up – proficient in ability to work with and manage senior personnel, directors and VPs to complete the project.
• Advanced skills in PC based documentation tools including MS Office and MS Project
• Strong Teambuilding and Interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Advanced communication and facilitation skills, including conflict management. Formal training preferred
• Advanced presentation skills. Demonstrated comfort in presenting to executive level cross functional audiences.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of advanced concepts with program management approaches, tools and methodologies. PMP certification preferred. Ability to coach / mentor less senior PMs in PM fundamentals.