o .NET developer for legacy applications obsolescence re-write
o Perform duties as assigned by the IT Distribution Supervisor and the Project Technical Lead.
o Analyze existing legacy applications, business requirements, functional specifications, and technical design documents.
o Re-write Java based web applications in .NET using tools such as C#.NET, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and PL/SQL Developer.
o Produce the technical design documentation and support handover documentation.
o Include client requested enhancements and bug fixes in the .NET solution.
o Work with business and IT subject matter experts to understand scope, deliverables, and to coordinate business testing and acceptance.
o Deliver on commitments and manage software development services to accomplish the assigned work within project timelines and budgets.
o The hours per week may vary 40 to 50 hours per week subject to change, based on Firms’ staff availability.
o Following and enforcing company policies.
.NET Developer Minimum Requirements:
1. Strong C#.NET Developer with 7-10 years of experience in general programming and development environment management with Visual Studio (2013 and later).
2. Experience with IIS application configuration and deployment;
3. Experience with LOG4NET and database access patterns.
4. Strong Java general programming and development environment management using Java Runtime and Java Development Kit; Includes developing web applications using Tomcat, ANT, Struts and database access object patterns.
6. Source Management experience - Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013 or later; Experience with application build automation using TFS.
7. Experience using SQL.
8. Communication and interpersonal skills for consulting with users to understand needs, define requirements, and provide effective solutions.
9. Good writing skills to be able to effectively document system components, such as system architecture, data flow, operations, software installations and support.
10. Knowledge of current technologies, tools, applications, and vendors.
11. Ability to work both as a team member, or independently on complex tasks, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
12. Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or a related field.
Desired experience for position(s) includes the following:
1. Oracle Database experience.
2. Excel experience.
3. Understanding of company’s existing IT environment and of applicable company policies, practices, and procedures.
4. Experience with PacifiCorp GIS or Distribution systems, data, or business processes.