Client: Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland
Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Req #: 583262
Duration: 6 months
Location: Emeryville, CA 94608
Hours: 8 hours/day, 5 day/week
Work Authorization: USC & GC Only
The purpose of this position is to perform standard and advanced accounting duties for the Foundation, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares monthly general ledger journal entries, financial statements and comparative reports.
2. Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
3. Prepares special accounting studies and internal reports as necessary.
4. Oversees key segments of accounting (for benefits, gift equipment.
5. Other duties as assigned.
6. Follows established accounting policies, procedures, and objectives. Makes recommendations for changes whenever needed.
7. Assists independent auditors with interim and year-end work, including preparation and reconciliation of audit schedules and gathering of supporting documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1) Experience with Windows, Windows NT, and Microsoft Office Suite.
2) Experience with Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge preferred.
3) Must have analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work and communicate with all levels of management.
4) Must be current with new knowledge of current trends within professional field.
5) Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with end users and/or vendors.
6) Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and hospital related data.
7) Requires minimal supervision.
General understanding of GAAP application
Accounting or Business Administration focus preferred
1-2 yrs public accounting or 3-5 years private industry accounting experience.
Foundation experience a plus.
No license required
No certification required
No registration required
Sit: Up to 8 hours/day
Stand/Walk: 3-6 hours
Bend/Stoop:Up to 3 hours
Reach: Up to 3 hours
Rep Use of UE/Grasp: Up to 8 hrs
Lift/Push/Pull: 15 lbs
This job requires the ability to hear alarms, clients, and/or instruction. The ability to see accurately from 20 inches to 20-ft. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function of this position