Hope you are doing well.
I came across your resume on Job board and am reaching out to you because I feel you might be a great match for a “Software Engineer II” opening that I am looking to fill for my client in “Chicago, IL”. “This position is with a high growth company” the project duration is for approximately 7+ months with a “Contract to hire”. I would appreciate a few moments of your time to go over the job description and see if this position might be a mutual fit
GE is looking for a Software Engineer (Software Engineer in Test) to work on Enterprise Imaging products that are used by caregivers throughout the hospital to deliver patient care. Our engineers innovate to improve the quality of patient care around the world while also reducing healthcare costs and increasing access. At GE it’s not just a job, it’s about how we improve lives in the moments that matter. How do you envision improving lives as part of your future?
You will be responsible for the design and development of automated and manual tests for our medical imaging products, ensuring that they meet the stringent internal and external quality goals of GE, our customers, and their clients. As you grow in this position you will receive an increasing level of responsibility and help us drive our quality strategy throughout the organization.
In this role you will:
· Work as an integral part of our Agile development team, leveraging Scrum, BDD, and TDD
· Design test strategies for our medical device software, including functional, performance, and reliability tests (automated and manual)
· Contribute to define our products’ architecture and code to ensure testability through automation
· Develop and maintain our test suite to verify new features and essential requirements
· Apply test methodologies throughout the development cycle to identify defects early in the sprints
· Integrate test automation into our CI/CD infrastructure to continuously build and test our software
· Collaborate with Scrum team members to execute tests and troubleshoot / correct software problems
· Drive continuous improvement within the team to better meet quality and productivity goals
· Define quality metrics, best practices, and coding patterns for the team
· Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
· Break down problems and estimate effort for quality related tasks
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
· 1+ years of experience developing software using the Java programming language
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required - we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to work out of our office located at 500 West Monroe Street in Chicago, Illinois
· Must be willing to travel ?10%
· Software application or automated test development experience using object-oriented programming languages including Java, automation frameworks like Selenium, and IDEs such as IntelliJ.
· Ability to leverage design patterns to develop new code and improve existing code infrastructure.
· Capable of working with existing code bases, identifying areas of improvement, and using industry best practices to refactor.
· Understand the importance of application code testing at the appropriate level (unit, interface, API, and/or UX)
· Familiar with databases such as SQL or Sybase.
· Experience developing and testing web services (REST) and debugging issues.
· Working knowledge of Behavior Driven Development or Acceptance Driven Testing with tools such as JUnit, JBehave, Cucumber, and/or SpecFlow
· Exposure to defect management and configuration management tools such as HP Quality Center/ALM, ClearQuest, Perforce, and/or ClearCase
· Experience using Agile tools such as Rally or JIRA
· Demonstrates accountability and delivers results with minimal supervision
· Knows when to seek help when necessary, and how to help team members
· Voices opinions and presents clear rationale, using data or factual evidence to influence
· Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
· Excels at problem solving and self-directed learning
· Identifies opportunities for innovation, offers new ideas, and takes initiative to experiment
· Adapts to new environments and changing requirements – pivots quickly as needed
APN Software Services INC
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560