Title: Lead Software Engineer, Mobile Digital Health
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Duration: 12 Months (Contract to Hire)
. Responsibilities include designing and implementing software solutions for viewing, storing, and transmitting patient physiological data in the Connectivity Solutions segment.
This position will support new feature development focusing on the visual elements of the application, as well as, back end service development.
The qualified candidate will have experience with real-time and non-real time software.
• Design and implement software for Mobile Digital Health products
• Work across the entire software development lifecycle including high-level detailed design, software implementation, verification (automated and manual), and maintenance activities
• Author software requirements and design specifications
• Full stack development of front end features and back end service updates.
• Develop real-time and non-real-time software
• Develop and execute unit, integration, and system tests to verify the design and implementation
• Apply technical expertise and oversight to ensure quality of design and implementation including compliance to Quality Management System
• Collaborate with project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology
• Mentor other engineers on the team to develop high quality software (includes the use of static analysis tools, design reviews, code reviews)
• Provide technical decision-making and guidance for the scrum team
• Provide technical leadership, driving and performing engineering best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide critical programs.
• Support the team's effort in continuous improvement
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related computer degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in object-oriented design, implementation, and verification
• Minimum of 3 years programming in Java
• Minimum of 1 years of experience with test and behavior driven testing frameworks and methodologies
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience working with Agile methodologies
• Strong knowledge of software development tools (IDE, Version Control, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of software development life cycle and development environments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information
• You must be willing to work in our Milwaukee, WI facility full-time
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
• Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related computer field
• 3+ years of experience working in the regulated medical device industry
• Automated design verification experience
• Experience with service-oriented architectures and microservices.
• Experience with Docker and Docker containers
• Experience using Spring Boot
• Experience with implementing RESTful web services.
• Experience leading design reviews for large system software designs
• Experience with hybrid-native technologies such as Electron (aka Atom Shell) or Ionic
• Experience with multi-threaded, concurrent systems
• Demonstrated effective problem solving capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within and across various teams
• Ability to develop in a Linux-based environment.
• Ability to influence cross functional decision makers
• Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change
• Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task; tenacious and organized
• Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and having the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
• Clear thinking: simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely