Engineer Sr, SW Development
Duration: 6+ months contract to start with
Location: Germantown, MD - 20874
Experience with hardware debug using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science or Electrical Engineer
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Device drivers and hardware interfaces.
• 5+ years’ experience with embedded processors, with in-depth experience of operating system concepts
• 5+ years of Windows and/or Linux driver development
• 5+ Experience with embedded hardware architectures (ARM or PPC or Intel)
• 5+ years’ experience C and C++ programming skills.
• Provides assistance in estimating project task and schedules. Also provides other information to management for planning purposes.
• Can lead or coordinate other engineers on certain activities to achieve task completion.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Introduce or define new technology for Aeroflex, Wichita Inc. engineering as needed.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
• Can translate customer requirements to engineering specifications.
• Coordinates tasks with other Aeroflex Wichita, Inc. departments to meet task objectives.
• Can perform software tradeoff analyses and in many circumstances determine whether a design should be implemented in software.
• Coordinates with hardware design engineers to provide effective system solutions.
• Demonstrates high degree of proficiency in discipline to determine good match between design requirement intended function and engineering implementation or methodology.
• Can translate system level specifications to module level specifications.
• Develops test plans for product verification. Assists test department and/or manufacturing for production test process/procedures creation.
• Is familiar with industry engineering standards.
• Demonstrates proficiency in discipline to complete tasks independently.
• Prepares design reviews.
• Assists in the definition of test requirement for product integration, and/or transition to manufacturing phase.
• Creates software to meet intended requirements. Tests and troubleshoots SW as required.
• Ensure product conforms to requirements by following established procedure and design standards.
• Verifies items created or defined by developing and conducting tests to ensure specifications are met.
• Ensures completion of all documentation required for production introduction.
• Selects/specifies components as required.
Thanks & Regards,
Imran (Emu) Shikalgar
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
510-402-4704 (Voice & Text)
Phone: 510-623-5050 Extn.129 | Fax 510-623-5055 | Imran@apninc.com