Location: Hayward CA
Fulltime Direct Hire
The DevOps Engineer will be part of the Software Engineering team and contribute to the goal of developing a product that can be deployed in a controlled and automated form while being a safe and effective product in operation.
The primary duties of this position will include development and maintenance of an effective build, release and deployment process that meets the needs of multiple projects and deployment platforms. The position will also build and support the various tools that empower a best-in-class software engineering organization. The DevOps Engineer will help us improve our build infrastructure and processes, identify and fine-tune our DevOps tool chain, improve our deployment methodology, and other tasks to improve effectiveness and efficiency across the software engineering organization. This position will be a bridge between product development and its operational concerns and will also play a key role in transitioning the software release to the NPI organization.
Besides a strong interest and expertise in tools and infrastructure and the dedication to producing automation solutions for continuous integration, this position requires good familiarity with web technology, information management, and software engineering concepts. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Development and support on current infrastructure, deployment and DevOps processes
· Recommend and prioritize changes and additional automation, processes and tools and help implement them in collaboration with the development team
· Review and recommend roadmap to an effective cloud deployed platform, and support the development needed to achieve the goal
· Oversee and actively participate in the automation of software build and deployments
· Development of the software installation processes and packages
· Support software engineering tooling and initiatives related to data processing, test automation, deployments and performance testing
· Collaborate continuously with other team members to ensure consistent processes across all development teams
· Support all required tool validation processes
· Support software verification and validation testing sufficient to support a 510(k) submission and clearance
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate industry experience
· 3-5 years in a corporate working experience DevOps role for commercial software/web applications is required
· Good understanding of build and release process, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
· Expertise with Jenkins, Jenkinsfile and multi-pipeline jobs
· Expertise with Git version control system
· Hands-on AWS experience
· Experience in Unix OS and Administration.
· Experience orchestrating Docker containers
· Experience managing Ubuntu Desktop and Server configurations
· Experience with a common scripting language (Shell / Bash, Python, etc.)
· Experience with Gerrit, Groovy is a plus
· Knowledge of Angular, Protractor, Jasmine framework is a plus
· Knowledge of Ansible, MongoDB is a plus
· Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
· A passion for creating robust and reliable products