Title: Mechanical Engineer III/ GEJP00021835
Duration: 12 month(s)
Location: Houston, TX
As a Product Engineer at Dresser Natural Gas Solutions, you will be a member of our Houston engineering team working to ensure the overall success of our Textsteam™ Pumps product line. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with our sales support team, manufacturing and customers to support the creation of new orders, new product updates, and product delivery. Reporting to the Engineering Manager. This role requires experience with positive displacement pumps, ability to manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
• Responsible for the design and development of new and current products
• Responsible for creating CAD, or Solidworks, designs and detailed drawings
• Coordinates prototype and production sample builds
• Provides Marketing/Sales with technical review and expertise on inquiries and quotations of Textsteam™ Pumps product line. Assures that the product offered conforms to specification and application requirements. Communicate with Customer Service/Sales to resolve customer technical issues.
• Provides support to manufacturing to ensure product is fabricated and assembled based on the intended functionality of the design
• Coordinates preparing quotes and making engineering drawings as required to facilitate changes in production
• Evaluate proposed engineering changes for impact and feasibility, on the product and process prior to incorporation
• Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Develop and improve engineering standards
• Interfaces with others in the organization and customers to jointly determine customer needs and solutions
• Bachelor of Science degree (Mechanical Engineering preferred) with a minimum of 5 Years of direct pump experience. Preferable with with chemical injection pumps, or positive displacement, pumps.
• Fluency in AutoCAD/ Solidworks.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work with others in a team environment and to give/receive feedback
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of technical regulations standards (CSA/UL, ATEX, NACE, FM, CIDI, CID2)
• Knowledge of upstream oil & gas well operations is a plus.
• Contract to hire
• Experience with our competitors is a plus: TXAM Pumps, Wellworks, MCI Solutions, etc.
APN Software Services Inc.