* Executes test methods and utilizes test tools to enable product testing of new platform, storage, peripheral and software products and technologies. * Works with the Lead Test Engineer to determine day to day execution efforts * Works across internal test groups and development teams to establish end-to-end test planning and execution strategies. * Works across test groups to reduce test redundancy and close gaps in test coverage. * Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining optimal results while minimizing critical delays in schedules and/or business operations and activities. Candidate familiar with testing storage array products and RAID technology.
Able to identify inefficient processes and procedures, and introduce automation to improve. Analyzes data critical to capacity forecasting, asset management and procurement. Assist IT managers and IT senior management with planning and reporting. Ensure that the technical environment is properly maintained and correctly designed. Identify performance issues and oversee the development and correct use of tools to resolve these problems. Leads the design of the computing infrastructure.
- 4-6 years of test engineer experience
- Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems exp.
- Experience with enterprise server and storage testing
- Familiarity with server and storage platforms/hardware products
- Proficient with troubleshooting and problem identification
- Configuring hardware systems in the lab testing
QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE SKILLS ARE REFLECTED ON RESUMES AS WELL AS WHEN SKILLS WERE UTILIZED. RECENT EXPERIENCE (WITHIN LAST 6 MONTHS) IS HIGHLY PREFERRED.
Candidates MUST have experience in the following technology areas:
*NAS *SAN *FC *Networking *SAS *Fiber Channel *iSCSI *Enterprise-level servers and Storage enclosures. *Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems * ability to write tests scripting using C language.
*General familiarity and test experience with Enterprise tape drive and tape libraries is preferable. *Experience with creating and executing test plans.
Other desired skills include:
* Detail-oriented with attention to product quality. * Ability to operate under date-driven schedules. * Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to easily achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems. * Proficient in reading and understanding technical data sheets.
* BS in CS, EE, or equivalent experience *4-6 years of test engineer experience
I look forward to hearing from you
APN Software Services, Inc .
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560 .
Ph.: 510-623-5050 Ext. 107 | Fax: 510.623.5055 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org