Title: Senior Analyst
Duration: 12 months
Location: Las Vegas NV
• Required to perform settlement process for Universal Gateway, customer owned equipment and manual demand response. Specific tasks include establishing baseline kW using Knine tool and 15-minute interval energy use data, calculating customer demand reduction and incentive payments, and verifying bill credits being applied through the utility billing process..
• Coordinate weekly meetings with customer outreach;
• Track all customer applications and report status;
• Summarize all customer outreach activities for weekly report to program delivery manager;
• Develop and coordinate automated weekly reports;
• Ad hoc reports, as needed, to provide program status for kW, kWh savings
• Customer participation and status, number and type of devices and other types of information requested by management;
• Coordinate with customer outreach center of excellence;
• Coordinate with technical services center of excellence;
• Update program documentation to include changes in program manuals, process flow, customer application, talking points, and Power Point presentations;
• Manage enrollments of large customers with multiple locations;
• Manage market research and reporting;
• Track and report DSM program survey data and provide bi-weekly analysis to Customer Engagement team;
• Perform statistical analysis of marketing research results;
• Analyze engineering program reports for commercial demand response;
• Create input sheets for benefit cost analysis, which includes:
o Utility Administrative Cost
o Measurement, verification and evaluation cost and technical program results delivered by third-party measurement and verification vendor
o Implementation costs
o Number and type of commercial demand response devices/technologies, sites and customers
* Use of Pelican and Encycle APIs
* Working understanding of commercial demand response technologies
* Use of custom databases: Demand Response Management System.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment:
Mandatory: Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 3 to 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge in commercial demand response technology related APIs, demand response management systems or similar databases, experience in databases, report generation, Power Point, process improvement documentation of work flows, and using interval data to establish baseloads and kW demand reduction from customers billing usage and commercial demand response strategies. Experience in statistical analysis of marketing research and writing SQL queries to retrieve data from various Oracle databases.
Equipment and Applications: PCs, word processing, spreadsheets, database software and report generators. Work environment and physical demands in general office environment. No special physical demands required.
Desired: Knowledge in commercial HVAC package, split, room units, and central plants is preferred, but not mandatory.