Duration: 3 months contract
Location:- Southfield, MI 48034
To expedite the claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; and to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as primary liaison with customer in solving problems related to the application process and service.
• Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process.
• Educates and informs the customer by telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims system about the documentation required to process a claim, required time frames, payment information and claim status.
• Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customer’s requirements accurately into the claims management system.
• Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
• Directs customer calls to the correct person at all locations.
• Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports the organization's quality program(s). The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledgeable in disability plan eligibility, coverage and benefits
• Good customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
• PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
• Strong organizational skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
• One (1) year customer service experience required; preferably in an inbound call center.