- Respond to any building and/or facilities systems issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs)
- Performs preventative/routine maintenance work, such as changing the filters in heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Building and exterior inspections to determine needs of maintenance and repairs or actions required to prevent problems.
- Provide backup to address site needs when senior facilities resources are working at offsite locations.
- Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications
- Project Management; Develop Project Scopes working with customers, facilities, EHS, Develop Project Budgets and Schedule, manage contractors during design and construction, report progress to superiors and customers and annual Facilities Reliability Study updates.
- May act as the project coordinator for all size projects including large scale repair and new facility construction projects. This can include the management of the design, planning and construction of the project
- Plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications
- Administrative support through managing and maintaining Service requests, preparing purchase requisitions and working with Supply Management on RFQ projects
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24- hour basis.
- Assists the Facilities Manager in preparing the annual reliability study and maintenance budget.
- Solicits bids and quotes from vendors
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary
- Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed
- Dismantles and installs furniture
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned
- Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors
- Possess computer skills and be proficient MS Office as well as preventive maintenance, building automation, procurement, work assignment systems
- Self-starter, team player and able to work independently.
- Must be organized, provide deliverables in support of project plans and keep records.
- Knowledge:Associates degree in project management, certificate in trade school or equivalent work experience related to project management, vendormanagement, facilities and/or maintenance
- Knowledge of the common power and hand tools, including hammers, drills, wrenches, saws, pliers and electronic test equipment
- Must have basic understanding of how facility-related systems work
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions, interpret documents and instructions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks and sometimes competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools
- Must be able to travel to various work-site locations on demand
- Able to articulate technical issues in a concise manner and engage in communication
- Team player
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
- Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Effective hand eye coordination
- Use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate control
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc.
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560