· Familiarity with version control tool like SVN.
· Good working knowledge of TOAD or similar tool for Oracle development.
· Good working knowledge of PL/SQL; Extensive batch programming using PL/SQL with efficiency in query optimization and bulk processing.
· Strong performance tuning skills.
· Good Working knowledge of UNIX.
· Good working knowledge of HP Quality Center
· Working knowledge of Progress 4GL is preferred.
To develop, maintain, test and debug software to meet generally defined requirements in a Windows client/server environment utilizing software development languages/environments such as PL/SQL, Oracle, Progress 4 GL Application Development Environment (ADE), .Net, Microsoft SQL, or other platforms; to formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding for the purpose of developing or modifying moderately complex information systems; to prepare detailed specification from which programs will be written; and to design, code, test, debug, document and maintain programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Becomes familiar with most aspects of the application including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
· Analyzes user needs as required; assists in the design of specifications to meet end user needs.
· Develops and modifies software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
· Develops and maintains software to meet requirements of insurance carrier and regulatory groups.
· Tests and debugs assigned projects; assists in testing projects for other members of the programming staff.
· Prepares documentation on new or existing software.
· Investigates call escalations from the support staff; makes the necessary corrections to data and/or software.
· Assists in the professional growth of programmers.
· Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development.
· Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
· Keeps abreast of software development language revisions and technology advances.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred.
· Six (6) years of language development in a relevant and applicable language and/or business analytical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Proven experience in interpreting user requirements, business applications design, and development of business applications strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Strong knowledge of language development and applications design
· Analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.