Job Title: Scientist 1
Location: Berkeley, CA 94710
Duration: 6-7 Months
Siemens Healthcare Laboratory (SHL) and Siemens Molecular Diagnostics headquarters are located in Berkeley, California.
Our vision at SHL is to save lives by rapidly moving new in vitro diagnostic technologies and assays into clinical use. Our mission within SHL R&D is to develop laboratory tests to support a new generation of therapies that will improve patient care in ways never before possible.
In order to achieve these goals, we will fully utilize decades of assay development experience and the unique resources available through our companion diagnostics development organization and global reference laboratory.
• The successful candidate for this Scientist 1 position working within Siemens Clinical Laboratory and Companion Diagnostics R&D will report to a Sr. Scientist or higher in the department.
• This scientist will assist in all aspects of assay development including prototyping, optimization, performance verification, and validation of new assays or technologies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• This position is for a non-entry level scientist with 1 -2 years industry and/or academic laboratory experience required.
• Working knowledge of molecular, biochemical and cellular biology assays.
• Experience with ELISA assays is required.
• Previous work with mammalian cell culture is a plus.
• The successful candidate will have clear and understandable written and verbal technical communication.
• B.S. degree in biology, chemistry, or related discipline is required.