Job Title – Technical Writer
Job Location - 6655 Wedgwood Road North, Maple Grove, MN 55311
Length – Contract (6 Months+)
Top 5 Skills Required:
1) Ability to collaborate with SME's across various disciplines and accurate capture their input for procedures and templates.
2) Contributes critical thinking to create robust documentation, identifies where interdependencies between functions exist and elevates conflicts to appropriate SME’s and Project Manager.
3) Can manage and prioritize a large number of concurrent and independent tasks.
4) Able to lead productive change reviews with stakeholders with input accurately captured and addressed to maximize first time approval of Engineering Change Orders.
5) Flexible in taking on additional assignments within his or her abilities as
• You will be supporting R&D integration efforts, including the deployment of the Product Development, Launch and Maintenance (PDLM) process and the Windchill Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
• Activities include comparative assessments of current state to PDLM, working with functional Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to develop adoption plans, revising documents, conducting document reviews and executing Engineering Change Orders.
What Success Looks Like:
• Independently compare current state processes to PDLM process and recommend adoption plans.
• Ability to collaborate with SME’s across functions, across sites and at different levels of the organization.
• Drafting documents based SME direction that incorporate PDLM framework into functional procedures.
• Contributes critical thinking to create robust documentation, identifies where interdependencies between functions exist and elevates to appropriate SME’s and Project Manager.
• Able to lead change reviews and accurately capture and address input from reviewers to maximize first time approval of Engineering Change Orders.
• Coordinating training to support release of new documents and processes.
• Can manage and prioritize a large number of concurrent and independent tasks.
• Ability to take direction from multiple sources and accomplish tasks independently.
• Tracks and reports progress, will communicate any identified risks or delays to projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
• 5+ years of experience working as a technical writer.
• Experience with development of Medical Devices and familiarity with Design Controls processes, including cross-functional development activities a plus.
• Technical writing experience, including writing procedures, creating templates for project deliverables and documenting supporting rationale.
• Leading implementation of changes including document review, Engineering Change Orders, and coordination of training.
• Experience with MS Work, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
APN Software Service INC