Position: Junior Electrical / Biomedical Technician Level 1
Location: Poway, CA 92064
Duration – 3+ months
Job Code - PHHJP00010138
This position is an entry level position for an employee with limited or no industry experience. The focus is learning how to repair medical products to the delight of our customers. The BMET will learn to work independently as well as in a team environment while under direct supervision. The BMET may attend factory training classes and apply lesson learned through OJT training and experience. The BMET will begin by assisting in preventative maintenance and service repair. With rapid progress in the knowledge of medical products the BMET will display the ability to resolve routine technical problems independently.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or Biomedical Engineering.
• Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment.
Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multimeter, etc.
• Fundamentals of Dicom & Networking desirable.
• Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionally.
• PC competency, to include basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• May be required to: be available 24 x 7 via phone or pager, work alternate shifts, rotate in an on-call status.
• Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
• Lifts parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs).
• Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
• May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
• May travel to customer sites other than assigned site, zone
office or identified locations for meetings.
• Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark , CA 94560