Title: Sr. Test Analyst
Location: Alpharetta, GA, 30022
Duration: 3 months contract to permanent
SQL/Backend testing, UI testing, JIRA, knowledge in Protractor or Selenium, API testing using POSTMAN or similar tool.
Four year college degree and four or more years professional experience or six or more years professional experience is required.
- Carry out procedures to ensure that all applications under test (AUT) meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. Thoroughly test software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Document and work to identify all problems to ensure resolution. Report progress on testing and problem resolution to appropriate parties.
- Devise improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Perform work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Conducts online, batch and data verification testing (checked for accuracy and inconsistencies after data migration is done) and validates test results. Creates test designs and performs test analysis on complex project requirements (as defined by the client).
- Coordinates with technical and business resources to identify and resolve complex issues or system defects discovered during the testing and design contingency plans as needed. Analyzes requirements necessary to design complex testing strategies (testing objective, methods of testing new functions, total time and resources required for the project, and the testing environment) for internal/external clients (i.e. technical and functional designs).
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and design (define user needs) as it relates to the test design. Recognizes the interrelationships between the various functional components of the system (i.e. collections, posting, authorizations) and the business, technical and project requirements in order to determine the appropriate testing methodology to use during test execution and validation.
- Performs risk analysis requirements for integrated testing (combined and tested as a group). Identifies and recommends design processes aimed at increased efficiency, performance and reliability (automation, load and performance).
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of automated testing tools used to create test designs and execute test plans. Works with stakeholders, business, developers and test analysts to develop more intricate test plans, conditions and cases (set of inputs, execution preconditions, and expected outcomes developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement) to be used in testing.
- Develops and administers best practices to perform test data conditioning and execution of test sets.
- Works with programming to create certain account conditions and execute special testing requirements for test validation.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the multiple environments by evaluating, interpreting and communicating an understanding of the various components of systems and applications to leadership. Compiles, develops and documents test/defect reports and follows all defects through to resolution and closure.
- Occasionally reviews documentation such as business and technical specifications in order to ensure that the documentation is updated and accurate. Maintains and administers procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance according to how they are applied in testing activities.