Title: Process Consultant
Duration: 6 months
Location: Irving, TX
Siemens Postal Parcel and Airport Logistic LLC (PPAL) is seeking a Process Consultant to support and acts as a catalyst for process owners and process improvement teams to achieve defined improvement objectives and specific goals.
This position will work with multiple cross functional teams to ensure the quality and integrity of our products changes throughout product’s life circle in accordance with each business’s group requirements.
In addition, this position is responsible for a broad range of activities: Assisting and facilitating on multiple projects on cost, schedule impact, effectivity dates, work closely with Engineering Project Manager / Product Manager, Supply Chain Management and other Change Control Board members to ensure of the team’s informed decision making.
• Assists in the development of the process model process maps
• Assists in the identification and evaluation of processes
• Ensures that process improvement objectives, specific goals, measures, and metrics are established
• Manages the team chartering process
• Ensures that an adequate project plan is developed
• Selects process improvement methodologies and tools
• Works with the team leaders to plan and lead improvement projects
• Works with the team leaders to involve executive management and stakeholders in improvement projects when necessary to eliminate barriers to team success
• Provides complementary skills to team leader
• Provides guidance and support to the team throughout the entire process improvement project
• Assists in writing documentation
• Provides guidance to sustain improvement changes
• Communicates key lessons learned and best practices from across departmental process improvement projects
• Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum 5 years’ experience in Project management or Process improvement, preferably in a design and manufacturing environment
• Comprehensive business knowledge (organization structure, business functions, processes, procedures, objectives, goals, measures, metrics, internal self-assessment processes, etc.)
• Viewed as a change leader, role model, and coach by the organization
• Project leader experience
• Experience in successfully applying quality management, process improvement, and problem-solving tools and methodologies
• Experience in implementing and sustaining change/improvements (change champion)
• Team leadership experience
• Process management focused (versus “numbers” focused)
• Process-focused and drive accountability.
• Logical problem solver and self-motivated.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to ensure effective change. Effective in presenting to all levels of management.
• Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and the ability to work with a high work load with interruptions and deadlines in an open environment.
• Must be a team player, service-oriented attitude to all levels of personnel.
• Effective listening
• Knowledge of process improvement principles and tools (selection, application, and training)
• Conflict management
• Decision-making and consensus building
• Establishing goals and objectives
• Meeting management skills
• Team development skills
• Consulting and coaching