Title: Specialist Engineer 1
Location: CA - Sacramento
Duration: 12 months
Siemens’ Sacramento, California rail manufacturing plant is a leader in providing rolling stock and related services. Its portfolio covers the full range of vehicles – including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, and passenger coaches, all built right here in the United States at a manufacturing plant powered almost entirely by a 2 MW solar installation. The Sacramento plant builds rolling stock from start to finish: design, engineering, car shells, trucks, electrical sub-assembly, final assembly and testing all while leveraging sustainable manufacturing practices.
The ECN Analyst (Engineering Services Specialist) has the primary responsibility of analyzing Engineering changes/documents and processing these changes in MRP/ERP—including loading bills of materials and setting up multilevel BOM structures as defined by the Engineering Department.
• Completes implementation and maintenance of Engineering Change Notices (ECO’s), Redline Changes, Deviations, and Stop Orders for product improvements, repairs, and new product development.
• Manages the effective interaction between engineering, manufacturing, field operations and marketing to ensure all changes are documented for audit purpose (may include FDA, ISO, IEEE).
• Completes development of systems for and maintains engineering drawings and reproductions, project reports, specifications, product proposals and related documentation.
• Performs Document Control processes to ensure all Procedures are properly documented, updated as needed and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Input, update, maintain, and troubleshoot complex multilevel Engineering and Manufacturing bills of materials in MRP/ERP across several products, projects, and manufacturing areas.
• Create manufacturing parts lists for WIP and input WIP bills of materials in MRP/ERP based on Engineering Changes.
• Analyze and process Engineering Change Notices, Engineering documents, and Configuration Change requests.
• Create material master data in MRP/ERP—including purchasing and planning parameters.
• Create, Maintain, and update department’s ISO procedures and internal department procedures.
Skills & Knowledge
• 2 years Configuration Management experience
• Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
• MRP/ERP (JD Edwards and SAP preferred)
• Phantom structures/BOM’s
• Product Configuration Management
• Amount of travel with the position: 0%
• Team Oriented
• Positive Customer Service
• Type 40+ wpm with 10 key