Title: Staff Software Engineer
Location: NJ - Flanders
Siemens Healthineers is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to design, develop, integrate, and test, software applications in conjunction with hardware product development for a new Molecular Diagnostic instrument.
You will have the opportunity of being part of a startup effort early on, within a large organization. You will be part of a team of software engineers distributed across multiple locations. You will create new software modules and interfaces that integrate with hardware and other existing software components.
This position will report to Sr Manager, Software Development.
• Design, implement and integrate software modules that interface with hardware components.
• Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time, performance and cost constraints.
• Write code that is high-performance, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested.
• Produce application prototypes with sufficient detail to allow others in the development team to complete the development work.
• Consult with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
• Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation of criterion for obtaining results.
• Provide technical assistance to the development team including code reviews and technical mentoring.
• Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5+ years of overall software development experience in impactful software products.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong software design skills building large, complex and low latency systems with background processing, multi-threaded architectures.
• Strong technical credentials with expertise in OOP, .NET, C#, C++, SQL, WinForms/WPF.
• Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals including algorithm design and data structures.
• Experience developing software for complex instruments, equipment or devices.
• Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally.
• Desire to join a start-up effort within a major multi-national corporation.
• BA/BS degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 10% travel expected.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in a life sciences or regulated (FDA) diagnostic environment is highly desirable.
• Experience with various communication protocols (e.g. CANOpen) is a plus.
• Experience developing firmware.
• Universal Windows Platform (UWP) experience is a plus.
• Development experience with Real Time Operating Systems (μc os, FreeRTOS etc).
• Familiarity with Team Foundation Server.