We have Job Opportunity for Procurement Specialist at Hoffman Estates IL with direct client. Please go through Detailed Job description below.
Duration: 6-9 months. Contract To Hire
Here is a brief Job description:
Participates in buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits. Resolves semi-complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices. Participates in tracking and updating new product delivery requirements; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases.
Other responsibilities include:
1. Placing and managing orders with external suppliers as well as internal suppliers, while managing open orders and past due deliveries.
2. Place non-production orders in support of manufacturing plant
3. Coordinate engineering change process for assigned parts
4. Daily resolution to issues pertaining to invoicing and payment on the MRBR problem log / EZ AP
5. Set up advanced logistics for assigned parts
6. Publish and confirm open order reports to suppliers
7. Daily update of production shortage report
8. Work closely with multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas to troubleshoots and resolves problems on purchase orders
1. 7. Proactively follow up on open purchase orders and expedite with supplier as required
9. Issue forecasts to external and internal suppliers
10. Follow up with suppliers to confirm invoices issued – IR report
11. Work with service organization to confirm parts sourced to the factory are shipped on time
12. Verify lifetime buy material owned by Siemens at supplier locations
13. Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 2-5 years in a buyer role.
- Strong verbal and written communication, along with excellent decision making and time management skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Recent Supply Chain Management degree graduates can be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Previous procurement/buying experience highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications (especially Excel preferred).
- Siemens internal system such as EZ-Suite.
- SAP experience.
If you have the above qualification and interested to apply please reply with your updated resume, contact no. and expected pay rate and I will contact you to discuss further.