Mechanical Designer Drafter 4
In this role, you will assist the Engineering Department personnel to assure proper execution of the design, compliance with industry standards and customer specifications. Requires the ability to create complex parts, assemblies and bills of material. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal supervision.
• Execute (individually or as member of an engineering team) customized production orders under minimum supervision, utilizing industry standards and best engineering practices.
• Provide drafting support to engineers on submittals, and as-built drawings. This includes the design of new components, modification of mechanical drawings, and incorporate field or customer based changes.
• Welded Steel Structures design,
• Large and small welded and/or bolted assemblies
• Mechanical Electrical integration
• Designing sheet metal parts
• Fiberglass and plastic part design
• Experience creating bill of materials
• Releasing parts using Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment, interfacing with factory workers
• Experience with corrosion protection (ie. Paint, Powder Coat, anodizing, zinc plating)
• Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
• Creating work instructions
• Creating and presenting designs for internal and external design reviews
Required knowledge / Skills, Education and Experience
• Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree or similar degree with 2 years experience, will also entertain recent or soon to be Mechanical Engineering or similar degree graduates
• Associate Degree in related field with 5 years relevant experience
• PTC CREO 3.0 Sheet metal, piping, and or surfacing preferred
• Windchill or similar Product Lifecycle Management software (PLM) preferred
• PTC Creo 3.0 or equivalent with 1 year of experience required (completed coursework can be considered as experience)