Job Title: Tax/Treasury - Tax Analyst III
Request ID: 6637
Duration: 5 months
Location: Pleasanton, CA, 94588
pay : 90/hr
The position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of state income audits for Oracle and its acquired companies.
The state tax consultant will leverage prior state and local income tax audit experience and knowledge to manage the audits, from inception to completion.
Responsibilities will include:
• Gathering, reviewing and analyzing information/documentation, in response to audit requests, , audit adjustments, and other state inquiries
• Interacting with state tax auditors and respond to all information requests, reviewing and analyzing proposed adjustments, resolving audit issues and recommending course of action to management, e.g., protest, accept, etc.
• Maintaining clear communication with state tax auditors at all times, and building strong and productive working relationships with them
• Qualitative and quantitative analyses and projections of tax audit position(s) to evaluate potential dollar and statutory impact on future tax and financial reporting, and FIN48
• Partnering with the state income tax compliance and planning team to obtain audit support information and ensure audit conclusions align with tax filing and planning positions
• Reviewing and validating data provided by compliance team for accuracy, relevance and appropriateness to audit inquiries
• Drafting appeal/protest submissions, penalty abatement requests and response letters to various taxing authorities
• Researching law, regulations, rulings and court cases relevant to audit issues and FIN48 technical memo positions
• Developing a thorough working knowledge of internal reporting and tracking tools to ensure -- accuracy and efficiency of data retrieval needed for audits, compliance of internal process guidelines, and the management of audit documentation flow
• Managing and planning the income tax audit calendar to ensure timely responses to document requests and completion of audits
• Organizing, maintaining and updating tax audit files and various reports-- audit status, information request, proposed adjustment, etc.
• Participating in special projects relevant to income tax audit function, e.g., process improvement, reporting tools, etc.
• Managing the state tax notice process, i.e., tracking, routing, and follow-up with NIBT and state income compliance teams, to ensure notices are resolved and closed timely.
The candidate will
• Interact with various departments (internal and external), to request and research taxability positions, explanation of records, and supporting documentation
• Detail review proposed audit adjustments and related tax effect
• Prepare audit schedules and scenario analyses to project potential tax impact of certain transactions/adjustments.
• Assemble audit binders/folders (including administrative tasks such as copying, file maintenance, etc.) to provide to auditors
• Process check requests/audit payments
• Provide support for state & local tax audit special projects
• MS/MBA Tax or JD/LLM and at least 10 years + combined professional services/industry and/or income tax audit/compliance experience in a corporate tax environment;
• Strong analytical, forensic, research, and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal, written (business/legal) and interpersonal skills
• Detailed oriented, but with a keen sense of conceptual / big picture objective
• Flexible, independent, and adept at accurately working on multiple tasks
• Highly organized and solutions oriented
• Results driven, proactive and sense of urgency
Nice to have:
• Tax compliance and/or accounting background
• Track record in closing large, multi-state sales & use tax audits
• Technology company experience