Siemens Power and Gas offers world-class products and solutions for power generation. We help our customers worldwide to successfully operate conventional power plants. And with technologies for renewable energies, we pave the way to a sustainable energy mix.
We’re looking for a working student who will support various activities within Power & Gas Procurement, Functional Excellence / Functional Development (FD) Team. PG Procurement manages the strategic procurement and supply chain management of materials for its product portfolio across more than 20 locations worldwide.
The candidate will be located in the Siemens Charlotte Energy Hub. The FD team plans & executes various initiatives that support the strategic development of the global procurement / supply chain management function for the Power & Gas division, such as PG-P Transformation, People Development, Organizational & Functional Development, Localization & Transfer Programs, as well as Special Projects.
Tasks & responsibilities:
* Supports and actively contributes to PG-Procurement Transformation, a change initiative launched to drive the optimization and employee satisfaction in the PG procurement function
* Supports the creation, preparation and delivery of presentations and reports to various internal stakeholders (e.g. management, FD team, transformation network, virtual collaboration network)
* Supports preparation and facilitation of in-person and virtual workshops
* Supports administrative activities
* Contributes in expert network “Virtual Collaboration” by supporting the identification, piloting and rollout of relevant virtual collaboration tools and methods
* Provides training and support on collaboration tools and methods (e.g. digital tool training for interested colleagues)
* Collects, processes and distributes internal and external information within the global procurement network
* Undergraduate or graduate student in junior year or above
* Field of study in business-related field (e.g. business or combined business/technical degree)
* Willingness to learn and quickly adopt new knowledge
* Solid communication and people skills
* Advanced skills MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
* Basic programming skills (VBA) are preferred