Job Title – IT Security Analyst
Job Location – Anaheim CA
Length – Permanent
IT Security Analyst
The IT Security Analyst will play a vital role in keeping Extron’s proprietary and sensitive information secure. The role will work with different departments and business units to protect the company’s security systems, solutions, and applications while recommending specific measures that can improve the overall security posture. This position will report directly to the Director of Cybersecurity.
- Evaluate and enforce network, systems and application security in all phases of the software life cycle.
- Define security best practices and support the identification and remediation of any vulnerabilities.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of access control, data confidentiality, system integrity, system reliability, system audit, and recovery methods.
- Support the monitoring of security logs and the daily operational support of firewalls, SIEM, network DLP, vulnerability scanning, enterprise full disk encryption, and employee and vendor remote access management.
- Implement and execute appropriate standardized procedures to ensure the security of systems and data including credential audits and system monitoring.
- Monitor IT systems, report suspicious events, and take appropriate action to resolve security issues.
- Evaluate Third Party and outside vendors/partners security posture.
- Secure Cloud applications both in AWS and Azure.
- Audit system, application configuration, and document activity.
- Implementation, execution, and testing of information security processes; use observation and initiative to identify potential security vulnerabilities and risks.
- Assess security and business impacts of potential events or conditions; responsible for the implementation of information security solutions.
- Take the lead in incident response to cyber intrusion, including following industry standards for notification, both internal and external when needed.
- BS in Engineering Technology or technical school degree, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in IT security
- Strong Operating Technology experience
- Working knowledge of SDLC and secure software development
- Working knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Understanding of information security, IT system, and networking concepts
- Professional certification in the information security field, e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with administrative processes
- Strong project management skills with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing resources to achieve target dates
- Good oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Strong data analysis skills including querying, analysis, and reporting
- Attention to detail and ability to follow specific processes
- SDLC: 1 year (Required)
- NIST: 1 year (Required)
- AWS: 2 years (Required)
- IT security: 5 years (Preferred)
- Information Systems Security (Preferred)
APN Software Service INC