Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Du Bois, PA 15801
Duration: 12 Months
Shift Hours: 8 hrs per day, 5 days/week (7:30 AM – 4:00 PM)
***Candidates need prior hands on electronic experience (testing, diagnostic, troubleshooting experience) such as working in electronics lab; previous experience as electronic technician and/or electrical lab***
Sensus seeks to hire an Engineering Technician who will be part of a team responsible for the design, development, verification and sustaining of water meters, gas meters and a wide variety of communication products that interface to water and gas meters. These products are state-of-the art microcontroller or DSP based embedded systems, typically with integrated radios, where the electronic design is typically battery powered and must operate in harsh environments for 20 years.
The Engineering Technician will be part of a team of dedicated and talented individuals responsible for the development and test of products comprising the Sensus gas family. The hardware team designs, tests and supports products that meet utility and industry requirements as well as internal requirements for reliability, performance, accuracy, and cost. As part of the hardware development team this person will:
· Troubleshoot production failures of gas meters to identify root cause.
· Perform metrology testing of next generation gas meters in various test rigs.
· Support regulatory/reliability testing on gas meters and communication products.
· Write test reports documenting verification activities and results.
· Design, specify and build test fixtures and custom lab tools to support product testing/verification.
· Identify opportunities for, and automate test processes to realize efficiency improvements.
· Provide electronic assembly and analysis as needed.
The successful candidate must have:
· A.S. degree in Electronic Technology or related field
· Sound knowledge of electronics fundamentals
· 4 – 10 years’ experience working in an electronics lab, preferably testing and troubleshooting DC powered electronic circuits to the component level.
· Ability to operate electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, ESD guns, signal generators, power meters, multi-meters and thermal chambers.
· PCBA diagnosis, assembly and repair utilizing various electronics assembly tools.
· Experience with Labview or other languages/tools used in automating electronic and mechanical testing.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed
· Work individually or as a team.
· At times must prioritize and execute on multiple projects, other times must focus on single critical tasks.
· Familiarity with an electro-mechanical production environment a plus
· Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· The ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment, working with a cross functional team (e.g. electrical, firmware, mechanical and system test engineers) to contribute to the development of a complex AMI/AMR system
· Excellent communications skills