Job Title: Laboratory Technician 2
Duration: 6 months
Location: Berkeley CA
Siemens Healthcare Laboratory (SHL), Siemens Molecular Services and Molecular Diagnostics headquarters are located in Berkeley, California.
Our vision at SHL is to save lives by rapidly moving new in vitro diagnostic technologies and assays into clinical use.
Our mission within SHL R&D is to develop laboratory tests to support a new generation of therapies that will improve patient care in ways never before possible.
In order to achieve these goals, we will fully utilize decades of assay development experience and the unique resources available through our companion diagnostics development organization and global reference laboratory.
Technician 2 reporting to a Sr. Scientist or higher in the department.
• This position is for a non-entry level technician with industry and/or academic laboratory experience.
• The successful candidate for this Technician 2 position working within Siemens Healthcare Laboratory and Companion Diagnostics R&D will report to a Sr. Scientist or higher in the department.
• The position includes responsibility for organization of laboratory quality records such as instrument logs and notebooks, calibration/metrology, stocking laboratory supplies, ordering consumables, and other processes related to lab organization.
• Key skills include operating, maintaining and calibrating laboratory instruments, and troubleshooting in case of malfunctions. Expertise in recording test data, compiling results, and helping prepare reports is required.
• Working knowledge of preparing reagents and buffers, filling test panels, accessioning incoming samples, inventory management, and safety procedures for chemical or biohazardous materials is preferred.
• Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent is required, as is 2-5 years’ experience working as a laboratory technician.
APN Software Services Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, Ca 94560