Duration: 2-3 months extendable
Location:- Portland OR
The enterprise service desk analyst provides technical expertise and guidance in supporting end-user problems with desktops, laptops, servers, peripherals, telecommunications, the mainframe, applications, and hardware.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Assist in response to end-users’ inquiries regarding technology issues. Includes incident recognition, research, isolation, and follow-up steps for first and second tier issues. Use incident management database and enterprise service desk systems. Support most end point devices of PacifiCorp Company network. Recommend systems modifications and configurations to reduce user problems.
• Perform system administration, including managing the life cycle of network accounts, permissions, access control lists, folders, etc, ensuring account security procedures are implemented and enforced, including code/standards of conduct. Support and administer audio, video, and web conferencing.
• Provide IT-related employee communications to the Company. Recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems.
• Consult with other information technology personnel to coordinate activities related to testing and implementing new technology. Be a key participant in document creation and communication for information technology department and the end-user.
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience. (Typically twoyears of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess an Associate’s degree. A minimum of one year additional directly related technical experience is required.)
• Basic related experience.
• Basic knowledge of client/server, network, mainframe and applications environment.
• Demonstrated aptitude in moderate problem solving.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks concurrently.