Title: Reliability Engineer
Location: DE - Newark
Duration: 12 months
This position requires 2-3 years of experience in field service or troubleshooting. Knowledge of a Failure Recording and Corrective Action System a plus. Hands on experience performing root cause analysis on clinical diagnostic equipment a plus.
Bachelor's degree (B.S./BEng/BSc) in Reliability, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
Two (2) to Five (3) years of experience in system troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides Reliability Engineering support to system technologists. Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of issues found during system testing.
- The position requires experience with operation and testing of electro-mechanical systems.
- Ability to work with hardware, software and systems engineers to identify reliability issues and provide solutions to decrease unscheduled service visit rate (USVR).
- Experience in Medical diagnostics industry is preferred.
- A candidate should be hands on and have desire to work in an R&D laboratory environment. Possess a high-level of self-motivation and ability to work on a team. Ability to effectively manage time, organize and prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments is necessary. Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills expected.
- Conducts Reliability Analysis to assess the risks associated with design concepts.
- Collects and researches data; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) is desired.
Communication Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from project teams. Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills expected.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply advanced engineering mathematics.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel - Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word - Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities - Basic Laboratory skills
Travel - Able to travel up to 10% of the time between laboratory locations in Tarrytown and Glasgow.