Title: IT Applications Trainee
Location: Memphis, TN
Duration: 6 Months Contract with potential to hire
Tax Term: W2
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
· To be oriented and trained in the Sedgwick software development lifecycle.
· Working under close supervision performs the following duties: assists in the development/modification of simple software programs; assists in the development and submission of requirements to programmers; and participates in review sessions with IT colleagues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Develops an understanding of Sedgwick's IT processes and procedures, including the software development life cycle.
· Develops skills and knowledge in required development language to perform assigned tasks.
· Under close supervision, assists in the performance of the following duties: Data and system analysis, including loading and balancing creation of derived fields and formatting, process flows and data diagrams.
· Requirement development process and unit testing of simple code units.
· Development and testing of software using Informatica, PL/SQL, Progress, Microsoft.net or other programming languages as specified.
· Investigation of issues and development of resolution in a timely manner with a technical leader.
· Follows per-established departmental standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development; adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
· Performs other duties as assigned. Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Skills & Knowledge:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ingenuity and creativity
· Logical approach to problem solving
· Analytical capabilities
· Ability to work under pressure
· Attention to detail
· Tenacity and patience
· Understanding of business processes and constraints
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
· No experience required. Specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL highly preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Major in information systems or computer science preferred. Education in interpreting user requirements, business applications design and development of business applications strongly preferred.
· When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
· Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
· Computer keyboarding, travel as required
· Hearing, vision and talking
· Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
· The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description.
· They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances.
· Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-4054 / Fax 510-623-5055