Title:- Senior Open Innovation Engineer
Location:- Sunnyvale, CA
Fulltime Direct Hire
Looking for someone with a solid background in semiconductor technology, and a minimum level of EE Master, prefer PhD.
Ideally someone with that level of experience in multiple semiconductor domains, including R&D with external groups (univs, research groups etc), that is aiming at stepping up into a management role building technology partnerships etc.
Main targets for hiring from are our competitors or semiconductor companies in general, as well as universities and research institutes in the US
Today knowledge creation and innovation has become globally distributed and connected, leading to an accelerated rate of technological progress. This cannot be mastered in a cost-effective and sufficiently fast way through internal R&D organizations only. Open Innovation complements and expands the internal R&D pool by leveraging external R&D resources, capabilities and infrastructure to achieve technology & product leadership.
The Open Innovation department cultivates and coordinates open innovation processes and initiatives within ON Semiconductors’ Corporate R&D. The objective is to launch innovation programs on emerging technologies (TRL2-TRL5, 3-7yrs from market introduction), by leveraging collaborations with external R&D entities such as universities, research centers, companies, and public funded initiatives.
Your main responsibilities are:
· Technology trend- and innovation- scouting in specific technical domains.
- Interlock with internal R&D, business lines, corporate marketing etc. to map gaps in knowledge and capabilities, and technology offering, with an outlook of 3-7yr from market introduction.
- Build and maintain an external network of expert universities, research institutes, companies and public initiatives in the relevant technical domains.
- Build and maintain an internal network of subject matter experts, R&D and business managers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Initiate and guide (internal-external) collaborative R&D programs, from program/consortium building and contract negotiation, to program approval and program execution. (Program execution lead by internal R&D departments).
- Cultivate an Open Innovation mindset. Advocate open innovation through personal innovation initiative and coaching of individuals and teams towards innovation initiatives.
- Reporting to the Corporate Open Innovation Director.
- Over 10yrs of expertise in technology domains relevant for ON Semiconductor. Strong interest and knowledgeable on latest science & technology evolutions in those domains.
- Skills and experience in building effective cross-functional, cross-company collaborative programs and partnerships in a global multi-cultural environment.
- Open innovation mindset, cultivating (internal-external) collaborative R&D.
- Highly motivated, committed and self-managing professional. Capable to work in a global matrixed team organization.
- Located in the US: willing to travel regularly in an international context.
- Masters degree or higher.
Thanks & Regards,
Imran (Emu) Shikalgar
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
510-402-4704 (Voice & Text)
Phone: 510-623-5050 Extn.129 | Fax 510-623-5055 | Imran@apninc.com