Duration 6 months
Location Monroeville PA
Description: • Procurement Link in Development Center, executes cost down and new product introduction projects; · Drive concept savings in new product development in close cooperation with R&D, Marketing, Quality, SCM and development;
· Represents procurement in a development center and ensures early supplier involvement;
· Participates in DfX conventions for the assigned business;
· Provides should-cost assessments for newly proposed products; · Drives request for quotation process based on the Forward Procurement List; · Drives the Supplier Selection Process together with the Commodity Teams; · Supports the Supplier Quality Manager in new supplier component release process as part of the Advanced Quality Plan (AQP), including compliance and sustainability aspects; · Aligns needs with competitive landscape and technology roadmaps; · Provides input for make or buy analysis;
· Supports the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up);
· Provides input to the Commodity Teams regarding the supply base characteristics based on business requirements; · Orders tools and samples related to new product development;
· Execute and support phase in – phase Out (PIPO) planning related to new product introduction;
· The Procurement Engineer site may act as Supplier Account Manager assigned by, and under the delegated responsibility of the relevant commodity team;
· Identify opportunities in the new product design process through target costing, and managing cost drivers and data sources to improve the design decision making;
· Support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short and/or long term product cost reduction improvement;
· Support the deployment of early supplier involvement through target costing and tracking for assigned product;
· Owner for delivering the cost elements for assigned product, as required improving total cost of ownership for the cost roadmaps for key products;
· Lead the development of an effective set of cost models to track “target cost” status for assigned product;
· Analyze cost trends, develop and review cost forecasts;
· Maintain updates to the cost drivers for assigned product and ensure that information is available as required;
This position is for a Procurement Engineer within the Philips Healthcare Procurement Engineering team in the Monroeville, PA office. This position supports the product commercialization process for the Respiratory Care Business Unit. The person will leverage the Philips supply base to drive new product innovation, margin improvement through cost management, and world-class supplier performance through effective and compliant purchasing controls. This person will be primarily responsible for procurement engineering activities related to electronic components including printed circuit assemblies, touch panels, displays, power supplies and cable harnesses. The person will partner with the Advanced Research, Design Engineering, Operations, Product Management and Quality & Regulatory Assurance teams. This person will be expected to cultivate an environment of engagement and improvement with both suppliers and internal customers.
Create value for Philips Home Respiratory Care customers by ensuring continual supply of quality goods and innovative solutions which deliver a sustainable competitive advantage by:
o Supporting New Product Development programs
o Partnering with new world-class suppliers as well as developing existing supplier relationships
o Enhancing product quality through defect reduction at suppliers
o Improving business profit margin by minimizing supplier cost
o Streamlining internal processes
We are looking for
o Minimum of a 4-year degree required; technical degree in electronics or electrical engineering required. Equivalent experience may be considered.
o Master of Science / MBA Preferred
o High level of proficiency in electronics discipline.
§ Specific areas of expertise include: Quote analysis, in-process electrical testing, process validation (IQ/OQ/PQ), DFM / DFMEA / PFMEA, ability to read blueprints/schematics, familiar with GD&T, Supply Chain Management
o Familiarity with assembly processes in the electronics field.
o Experienced in researching new industry technologies, to deliver improved product solutions and reducing costs.
o Project Management – Experience running medium-sized projects involving electronic assembly, including purchased materials, managing timelines, suppliers, internal developments, within a larger new product commercialization program.
o Multi-national experience, managing suppliers and interacting with internal teams (Designers, Engineers, Quality & Regulatory, Supplier Quality, and Purchasing) across long or complex global environments.
o Minimum 5 – 10 years of relevant experience.