Validation and Reliability Engineer
Duration:9+months with possible extension
The Validation Engineer will be responsible for creating and reviewing test procedures for the various railway projects including light rail vehicles, locomotives, and passenger coaches. The position objective is to review all the various design documents and understand and identify how to validate both the design and production of the vehicle. The candidate will need to work with various design engineers, suppliers, and technicians to understand the design and improve tests that are performed.
- Overall integration of all subsystems on the vehicle.
- Review engineering design documents and schematics and verify compliance with system requirements, interface specification, and technical specifications.
- Prepare and develop test plans and procedures to perform system and system integration testing according to various railway standards.
- Review existing procedures and protocols for scope and accuracy.
- Support technicians & engineers by helping perform the tests and help troubleshoot advanced problems.
- Perform type tests utilizing data acquisition device and various sensors including load cells, current transducers, accelerometers, temperature sensors.
- Automate and look for advancements with current test procedures and processes.
- Tracks and Improves reliability of Siemens fleets using engineering analysis of high frequency failures.
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc.
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560