Duration: 12 months contract
Title: Electro-Mechanical Inspector 2
Category: Quality Assurance
The Inspector 2 performs inspections with general supervision. The inspections this person performs are moderate to complex PCBA/Cable assemblies and/ functional or electrical testing as well as the use of small hand tools (i.e.: calipers, pin gages, micrometer etc.) The inspections may require the use of microscope for extended periods.
This person is responsible for filling out quality records in an error free manner. This person must be able to read and understand basic mechanical blueprints. This person must have the requisite knowledge, which provides an ability to complete inspections and record results including generating comprehensive nonconformance reports allowing the MRB to understand the non-conformances without the need for further clarification. Performs all duties while maintaining compliance with all regulatory and quality system requirements.
Performs all duties while maintaining compliance with all regulatory and quality system requirements and communicates in a professional manner.
• Must have knowledge of inspection specifications, processing, hardware and finishing specifications.
• Knowledge and understanding of general ESD principals
• Follow and understand verbal and written instructions.
• Must have oral communication skills, demonstrate teamwork, be adaptable, have the ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
• Requires fine manipulation and simple grasping to utilize a computer and handheld inspection equipment.
• Responsible for performing first article inspections and Engineering evaluation reports on items of moderate difficulty.
• Frequent sitting and standing.
• May occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
• Knowledge of cGMP, ISO and QSR requirements with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a regulated industry (ex. Medical, aerospace, automotive, etc.)
• Experience in the medical device industry a plus.
• Proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite
• SAP experience required
• IPC-A-610 workmanship standard training certified
• IPC/WHMA-A-620 workmanship standard certified
• Proficiency in reading, basic math and manual dexterity
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates degree preferred or equivalent training, education