Title: Sourcing Specialist Support
Location: Minden, NV 89423
Duration: 1 year
Experience in with SAP, preferably planning and or buying
Strong MS Excel skills
Experience negotiating with suppliers
Prior experience utilizing planning systems
Prior experience in production control or planning, supervision, sourcing and/or material control environment
Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish effective work priorities
Strong analytical and organizational skills
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role, you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In this role you will perform some or all of the following tasks:
• Pull drawing packages and current costing using SAP and Excel.
• Work with Accounts Payable and the Aravo system to clean up supplier information for clean payments.
• SAP data cleansing and part transition.
• Leverage vendor managed inventory (VMI), consignment, stocking programs, and Minimum Order Quantity strategies with suppliers to meet inventory and fulfillment goals.
• Meet cost targets via supplier negotiations, alternate supplier development, and/or shifting to low cost region suppliers.
• Ensure supplier performance stability to meet delivery and quality expectations, via lead time reductions, capacity improvements, etc.